Punjab Examination Commission
Punjab Examination Commission is Autonomous body which is set up by Government of Punjab to uniform the ducation System and examine the students learning achievements particularly of grade V and VIII. PEC has following responsibilities and activities:
- Punjab Examination Commission History
- Punjab Examination Commission Mission
- Punjab Examination Commission Vision
- PEC Registration
- PEC Model Papers
- PEC Date Sheet
- PEC Roll Number Slips
- PEC 5th Class Result
- PEC 8th Class Result
- Punjab Examination Commission (PEC) Functions
- Contact Detail of Punjab Examination Commission
PEC established in 2005 and conduct 5th class population examination for the first time in the history of Province Punjab. It is the autonomous body working under the Punjab Examination Commission Act XI of 2010 to improve the elementary education system of province.
- District Name
- Father Name
- Date of Birth
|D G Khan||Lodhran||Sahiwal|
|Gujrat||Multan||Toba Tek Singh|
- Design, develop, implement, maintain, monitor and evaluate a system of examination for elementary education
- Formulate policy and programme for the conduct of examinations relating to elementary education
- Collect data for research to improve curricula and teaching methodology
- Recommend measures for capacity building of the teachers and educationists for improving the system of assessment of students
- Identify the areas where improvement in training of the teachers or educationists is required
- Promote public discussions on issues pertaining to elementary education
- Advise the Government on all policy matters relating to the objectives of the Commission
- Approve annual research programme and annual budget of the Commission
- Perform such other functions as may be ancillary to its functions, or as may be prescribed or asmay be assigned by the Government.
The Commission may:
- Issue instructions or guidelines to a local government for data collection and conduct of an examination of elementary education
- Register students for the purpose of examinations of elementary education and maintain their data
- Conduct and outsource research in the sphere of an examination of elementary education.
Grade 8 Links:
Punjab Examination Commission Background
Following were the drawbacks of the previous system.
- Question papers were not according to the given curriculum at different places.
- There was a lot of variety in different areas. Many areas needed betterment in paper setting, marking and difficulty level.
- The result could not be compared as every district had its own criteria and had different papers. Although the comparison among different schools was possible if they had taken the same examination under one district.
- ·The quality of the overall examination system had many different levels and had many variations.
These were the major cause which worked as a working force in the way of development of a body which was able to access the learning ability of the students of the whole province at once. The need of an institution was felt back in December 2005 and on 16th January 2006, with the approval of the governor of the province, “Punjab Examination Commission” was formed.The only task of the body was to establish a new system for the examination of Grade V and Grade VII in Punjab Province.
- · Comparison of results based on area, gender and schools sector was made possible.
- · Those areas which need special care and administration were mentioned.
- · Those areas where teachers needed training came to day light.
- · The dark holes of content of text books were identified.
- · Those areas where more support was required in terms of teachers or funds were identified.
- · Those areas which were successful already came to light.
- · The quality of education in different areas of the province was noted.
PEC is also responsible for arranging trainings about different topics like subject specialties, paper setting and marking techniques, new methodology of teaching having interactive teaching and activity based learning. Mainly the head teachers were trained by PEC and they then shared their knowledge with other teachers at their schools.
Grade 8 Links: